Father’s Day is this weekend, and that means all the brunch this Sunday. Who doesn’t love a lazy sleep in, followed by someone else serving up a drool worthy plate on your behalf? Here’s a list of my fave brunch spots in YYC.
- Ox & Angela First off, I suggest heading to Ox & Angela any time of day, the dinner menu is phenomenal, and the brunch is divine. Inspired by the dining of various Spanish regions, your taste buds will experience a satisfaction like none other. Options range from smaller sharing plates, to a Spanish twist on the Eggs Benny, and if you’re feeling, err, a bit groggy from the night before, let the chef make the decisions for you! For $25, a surprise selection will be sent your way – the only thing you’ll have to worry about is what time to take your afternoon nap.
- Purple Perk Coffee Market located in Calgary’s trendy Mission District, this is a favourite of mine for a good ol’ fashion bacon and eggs style breaky. The coffee is great, the baking options are out of this world, and the cozy atmosphere is one you won’t be rushing to leave. My go-to is the “Greek for Me” omelette with a side of fruit. Sit at the bar and people watch, or be lucky enough to snag a spot on the patio. When you finally finish up – go for a stroll and browse the many shops along 4th street.
- Red’s Diner Expect a good wait here, but it’s one people are wiling to endure, even in the middle of winter. One of the reasons I love this spot is that coffee is always served to us ambitious breakfast seekers – even if the line is spilling onto the street. Tip – offer to sit at the bar which can sometimes help you jump the line. With an extensive list of breakfast items, you can expect your typical breakfast items here. From omelettes, to skillets, to pancakes – you won’t be disappointed. With 3 locations in the city, Red’s is a serious local favourite.
- Diner Deluxe With two locations in yyc, the Aspen Landing location now takes reservations, which is perfect when planning for Father’s Day. With a broad menu, the Diner is able to prepare 90% of their dishes Gluten Free – keeping everyone at your table truly satisfied with their meals. Kids love it here too – with a “play area” within earshot of your table, parent’s can enjoy their breaky and leisurely sip coffee, while the littles meet new friends.
- River Cafe – Any excuse to get down to Prince’s Island Park in Calgary’s downtown is a good one. Park at Eau’ Claire and enjoy the beautiful walk over one of 3 bridges to this charming Farm to Table restaurant. River Cafe takes reservations, so plan some time before and after to explore the island which offers beautiful walking paths. Menu ranges from delicious fish & game boards, freshly baked (on-site) muffins, eggs benny and french toast. There’s a reason this mouth watering restaurant has been around since 1991 – trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
Whether you are headed to brunch with dad, or the babes, this boyfriend fit tank top is perfect for lazy weekends – snag it here at Leone Clothing Co. I’ve linked the rest of my look below!