I personally LOVE Valentine’s Day. I know a lot of people say it’s too much pressure, it’s a Hallmark holiday, blah…blah…blah, but I happen to love it. I Love, Love. Yes, it’s important to celebrate your significant other every day, but Valentine’s Day gives couples a chance to really focus and appreciate one another. Like a little recharge in your relationship! Every couple is different, and I understand if people that think things like flowers or chocolates are overrated, but it could be as simple as taking a romantic walk together and talking about your future. See? I really am a sucker for love. I thought it would be fun to put together MY personal fav. top 5 picks for a Valentine’s Day Date. Hint, Hint…
- “Barre with Bae” February 11th at Barre Body Studio (Bow Trail Location) – anyone who knows me, knows I swear by Barre, not only is it the most fun I’ve had at sweat sess, but imagine showing your loved one the million “pulses” you endure to keep that booty toned!
- How about a “Couples Cooking Class” at Sait downtown or main campus. Cook, laugh, enjoy your creation and drink some wine. February 14th from 6-9 (they do run couples cooking classes year round as well).
- Drink some amazing hot chocolate for a good cause? YYC Chocolate Fest has been running since 2012 and is a fun way to support local business and charities. Grab a delicious cup of cocoa from one of the participating restaurants and take a romantic walk through your neighbourhood.
- Skating at Olympic Plaza downtown or on the river in Bowness Park – both locations can provide rentals for a fee. Maybe you’ll get lucky with a pretty snowfall to top of this romantic date! Hello beautiful instagram shot!
- A wine and chocolate pairing at Willow Park Wine & Sprits – Well, this just sounds ahhhhmazing – ’nuff said. Purchase tickets online as this will sell out – February 14th from 7 – 9pm.
I thought this lacy red dress from BCBG would be a perfect Valentine’s Day date look, and I love the Mackage leather jacket paired with it – brings a bit of edge to the whole outfit! I’ve linked similar looks below – now get planning that Romantic Day for your loved one!
Shop The Look: