I recall that feeling the first week I moved to Calgary and drove to my new “big girl” job downtown. I could barely contain my excitement – I was actually living and working in THE CITY.
Fast forward almost 7 years and I love this city more than ever, and proudly call Calgary “home”.
So, what’s so great about Calgary your ask? I’ve compiled a list of my top reasons to love this city:
- Proximity to the mountains. 45 minutes to Banff? Yes please! This is some of the most beautiful scenary in all of Canada – right in our backyard! Whether its hiking, skiing, camping or just enjoying one of the beautiful mountain retreats, there is literally something for everyone.
- The people of Calgary have a great deal of pride and even bigger hearts. Helping friends rebuild after Calgary’s devestating 2013 flood or opening our doors to those who escaped the heart-wrenching Fort MacMurray fires in 2016, we are always there to take care of our neighbours.
- Calgary Stampede – The Greatest Show on Earth – world class rodeo, big name concerts, and an entire city that comes together for 10 non-stop fun filled days!
- Beautiful Parks and River Pathways – one of my absolute favourite past times is a run in Edworthy Park, enjoying a family picnic in Bowness Park or taking Marley to see the ducks at Prince’s Island.
- Festivals – Lilac Festival has over 100,000 people attend the one day event in Calgary’s uber trendy Mission neighbourhood. This is my personal fav and is the official kick off to the rest of Calgary’s awesome festival season.
Follow more Calgary love on instagram today #LOVEYYC